From: Jochen Roderburg on
Jochen Roderburg <roderburg <at> uni-koeln.de> writes:

> ... when using not-encrypted passwords.
>
> I have been doing this successfully for numerous years with all samba
> generations from 1.x up to 3.3.x.
> I do not see any changes in the 3.4 ChangeLog that could be related to this.
>
> Update to my first try to report this problöm: I see that there is now a
> relatively new bugzilla entry #6666 which looks similar to my case. Could this
> be the same cause ???

Looks like the cause of my problem really was the same as in Bugzilla Bug# 6629,
6551 and 6666. I have applied the patch that was referenced there to my 3.4.0
samba and everything is working again.

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10 Tel.: +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln E-Mail: Roderburg <at> Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany