From: Gunawan Wibisono on
you install php, apache and mysql one-by-one?
how about try access other db (example: odbc)

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:33 PM, The Phantom <livephantom(a)live.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all, I apologise if I do something wrong, because I'm new to this
> weird system.
>
> For test purposes, I have installed Apache 2.2.14 with PHP 5.3.1 and MySQL
> 5.1.44 on Windows 7 Home Premium. However, whenever I try accessing MySQL
> via PHP, I get the following error:
>
> A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
> respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
> connected host has failed to respond.
>
> MySQL's command line client is still working fine. I think that PHP simply
> does not see MySQL, though the settings in php.ini seem to be correct.
> Earlier (before I upgraded to Windows 7 and PHP 5.3) it worked. I've tried
> turning off the antivirus, because sometimes it may cause timeouts, but it
> didn't help. Can someone please help me fix this?

akan ada dimana mulut terkunci dan suara tak ada lagi..
saat itu gunakanlah HP untuk melakukan SMS!!
-> ini aliran bedul.. bukan aliran aneh.
tertawa sebelum tertawa didepan RSJ..
From: Lester Caine on
Gunawan Wibisono wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, I apologise if I do something wrong, because I'm new to this
> weird system.
>
> For test purposes, I have installed Apache 2.2.14 with PHP 5.3.1 and MySQL
> 5.1.44 on Windows 7 Home Premium. However, whenever I try accessing MySQL
> via PHP, I get the following error:
>
> A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
> respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
> connected host has failed to respond.
>
> MySQL's command line client is still working fine. I think that PHP simply
> does not see MySQL, though the settings in php.ini seem to be correct.
> Earlier (before I upgraded to Windows 7 and PHP 5.3) it worked. I've tried
> turning off the antivirus, because sometimes it may cause timeouts, but it
> didn't help. Can someone please help me fix this?

PHP does not come with any database enabled by default, so you will need to
enable one. For MySQL just look in php.ini for the line
;extension=php_mysql.dll
and remove the ';' at the front, and then restart Apache.
The first page you should create is

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Which will list all the modules that are active ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
From: Venkat Raman Don on
Seems like IPV6 functionality of Windows and MySQL driver is not gelling well.

Please see http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=50172.
This is also discussed in MySQL forum at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,294772,294772#msg-294772.

Thanks,
Don.

From: Pierre Joye on
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Venkat Raman Don
<Don.Raman(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
> Seems like IPV6 functionality of Windows and MySQL driver is not gelling well.

It is not about working well together or not, it is not supported, as
explained numerous times in this list, the bug trackers (should be in
the documentation too). Either use the direct IP (127.0.0.1 for
localhost) or disable IPv6 names in your host files or altogether.

--
Pierre

From: Gunawan Wibisono on
sry.. this kinda other person problem
thx for your support and I kinda found this problem on other place.. Is
posible.. the problem in the windows 7?

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Venkat Raman Don