From: Cats Whiskers on
Hello MS Word Users,

I have a desktop computer with a Word document on it put there from another
computer which was a laptop. The desktop runs Windows XP and Word XP. The
laptop runs Vista and Word 2007.

When I try to delete the Word document from the desktop computer I receive
an error message saying the file cannot be deleted because I do not have
access and that the file may be in use.

How do I delete the file from the desktop computer?

Sincerely,
Cats Whiskers

From: Yves Dhondt on
Have you tried rebooting the computer? That sometimes releases old locks on
the file.

If that doesn't work, you could try Unlocker
(http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/).

Yves

From: Cats Whiskers on
Thank you for answering and advising for this issue, Yves Dhondt,

The computer had this file on it through many reboots because we had been
trying to remove it for quite awhile now. Your web address for unlocker,
however, proved to be very useful. We were able to remove the file with it.