From: Doug on
This new PC came with Office 2007 with BCM pre-installed. BCM puts a backup
task in the To DO list.

BCM has not been used and has been uninstalled. Unfortunately a reminder
pops up each time Outlook is started saying thye nbackup is overdue.
I cannot mark complete or delete this task. I just get notified that the
message cannot be found. I have run scanpst but it hasn't fixed the problem.
How can I delete this reminder?

This has also been posted in the BCM forum.

Regards

--
Doug
From: neo [mvp outlook] on
Have you tried starting Outlook with the /cleanreminders command line
switch?

Example:
Start > Run > Type: outlook.exe /cleanreminders > OK button

From: Doug on
No I haven't. How do I find information about that switch?
--
Doug

From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on

See if this helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Doug on
/cleanreminders didn't fix it.
Whenever I click the red flad I get:-
"The message you specified cannot be found."

I would have thought that scanpst would fix it, but apparently not.

Any other ideas? This has been going on for 11 weeks, now, every time
Outlook is open - several times a day as the user is in and out of the office
often.
--
Doug