From: wkpli on
Hi,

I have an application written in vb6 and uses cr8 Crystal report. In the
past, the end users were able to export the report to Excel...They have an
option of Exporting to Excel 5, 7 and 8.

But lately, they were not able to do so, export to Excel will just close the
application down without any warning.

We all currently have Office 2007 installed, and I am not sure if that is
the cause of the issue. But when I export the report from my development
machine I have this option to pick "Excel 97-2000" (I don't' see the "Excel
5, 7, 8" option at all), the report exported successfully. I believe I have
VS 2003 and VS 2008 installed on my machine and that's why I have this newer
version of Excel option available.

What should I include in my install pack so that my end-users will see the
"Excel 97-2000" ?

Please advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

From: MikeD on

"wkpli" <wkpli(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an application written in vb6 and uses cr8 Crystal report. In the
> past, the end users were able to export the report to Excel...They have an
> option of Exporting to Excel 5, 7 and 8.
>
> But lately, they were not able to do so, export to Excel will just close
> the
> application down without any warning.
>
> We all currently have Office 2007 installed, and I am not sure if that is
> the cause of the issue. But when I export the report from my development
> machine I have this option to pick "Excel 97-2000" (I don't' see the
> "Excel
> 5, 7, 8" option at all), the report exported successfully. I believe I
> have
> VS 2003 and VS 2008 installed on my machine and that's why I have this
> newer
> version of Excel option available.
>
> What should I include in my install pack so that my end-users will see the
> "Excel 97-2000" ?

It seems that this has everything to do with Crystal Reports and nothing to
do with Visual Basic. Did you try looking in the CR documentation? Or, go to
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports and see if you can find
anything there? Those are probably your best options.

--
Mike