From: dadiOH on
Billns wrote:
> On 5/10/2010 12:03 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>> I currently have
>> several hundred KB shortcuts assigned.
>
> I think that may be the root of your problem delays. How can you
> remember all those shortcuts?
>
> Bill

Shortcut to a text file that lists them? :)

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Todd Vargo on

"dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Billns wrote:
>> On 5/10/2010 12:03 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:
>>> I currently have
>>> several hundred KB shortcuts assigned.
>>
>> I think that may be the root of your problem delays. How can you
>> remember all those shortcuts?
>>
>> Bill
>
> Shortcut to a text file that lists them? :)

Or better yet, I would store them as links in an HTML file.

--
Todd Vargo

(Post questions to group only. Remove "z" to email personal messages)

From: Terry Pinnell on
"Todd Vargo" <tlvargo(a)sbcglobal.netz> wrote:

>"dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Billns wrote:
>>>
>>> I think that may be the root of your problem delays. How can you
>>> remember all those shortcuts?
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> Shortcut to a text file that lists them? :)
>
>Or better yet, I would store them as links in an HTML file.

I've memorised a small a minority, for 'global' use, but most are grouped by
application. So when I'm working on say video editing I fairly quickly
re-familiarise myself with those. Same for map work, macro-writing, graphics,
email, etc.

Even so, yes, it's a challenge. So I'm gradually transferring to menus
instead. Middle-clicking a major application's title bar brings up a menu,
like this example for Google Earth.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/GE-Menu.jpg

Note that for many of the menu entries I include a note of their shortcut in
their names. So <Alt+Ctrl+o> will 'Open Navigation Options'. If I repeat that
frequently in a session, then I use that KB shortcut, rather than the menu.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK