From: KJKurth on

"Jerry" wrote:

> Then you try the letter O in place of the 0 (zero) and see what happens.

Good suggestion. But, I tried that and got the message that 'O' is not valid
either. (Note: There are both zeros and Os in my product key so it's pretty
easy to tell the difference.)
From: KJKurth on

"LVTravel" wrote:

> Download the H & S version from here and try using your license key.
>
> www.microsoft.com/office/downloads
>
> Yes you should absolutely uninstall the trial version of Office and
> activation key from Programs and Features on your new laptop then reboot
> prior to installation.
>
> You say you purchased from Amazon.com. Was this actually Amazon or one of
> the companies that sell through Amazon?
>
> You are also using the license key from the back of the fold out tray on the
> packaging, correct?

I purchased the software from Amazon, not one of the resellers. Also, I
checked the COA against the ones shown on microsoft.com, so I'm confident I
have a legal copy.

This may be an instance where the solution is as simple as using the correct
number! I'll try installing again when I get home. If it still doesn't work,
I'll try your other suggestions.

Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it.