From: Alan on
Hello,

We're migrating from a third-party mailsystem to Exchange 2003 with
Outlook 2003 (latest SPs on both). The migration tool also migrates
the folder permissions from the old system at both mailbox- (Outlook
today) and individual- folder levels (not sure exactly how).

After migrating several mailboxes, we can't make any modifications to
the the folder permissions at mailbox-level using Outlook because it
gives a cannot modify client permissions error. Tried the workaround
of adding and removing a delegate to rewite the ACL to no avail.

We can change the permissions at folder level, e.g., on the Inbox,
Calendar, Sent Items etc.

Using PfDavAdmin, we "fixed" the DACL at mailbox-level but that
fixedit by removing all the permissions at that level. (It reported
the permissions as "Good" before the fix anyway.)

Does anyone know of a less destructive/time-consuming way to workaroud
this please, preferably using Outlook?

Thanks,

- Alan.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Sounds like the tool you're using has a bug. I'd raise this issue with the
vendor of that tool.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..