From: Martin Waddell on
I have recently uninstalled CS3 and installed CS4. Previously when I double
clicked on an image file it opened in CS3. When I do it now it does not
open in CS4 stating that it is not a valid windows 32 application. Jpg and
Jpeg files are associated with CS4 in the Windows Explorer file option menu.
There is no difficulty opening these files once Photoshop CS4 is open.
Googling has not been successsful.

From: JD on
Martin Waddell wrote:
> I have recently uninstalled CS3 and installed CS4. Previously when I double
> clicked on an image file it opened in CS3. When I do it now it does not
> open in CS4 stating that it is not a valid windows 32 application. Jpg and
> Jpeg files are associated with CS4 in the Windows Explorer file option menu.
> There is no difficulty opening these files once Photoshop CS4 is open.
> Googling has not been successsful.

Did you reboot Windows?

If that doesn't work, re-associate your .jpg with the picture and fax
viewer and see if that works, then re-associate with CS4. Yeah, I'm
grasping at straws, something windows users are used to. ;-)

If those things don't work, try the image editor:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

I've got my .jpg set to open with picture and fax viewer but the above
program adds Edit, which opens the .jpg in CS3.

--
JD..