From: John Inzer on
Tim L wrote:
> Thanks again for your help. I had already downloaded SP3 and I was
> able to create a new project, so unfortunately the file was
> corrupted. From now on, I think I'll save the project as a new name
> until I'm finished so that I will always have an earlier version to
=============================
You're welcome.

Saving several versions of your project
file is a good idea.

Thanks for the update.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Tim L on
Apparently not enough. This weekend I put in about 3 hours of work on a home
movie project and saved it as a different version every time. Went to open
it today and not a single version from that day would open. Very
frustrating. No program should be this difficult to use.

From: John Inzer on
Tim L wrote:
> Apparently not enough. This weekend I put in about 3 hours of work
> on a home movie project and saved it as a different version every
> time. Went to open it today and not a single version from that day
> would open. Very frustrating. No program should be this difficult
> to use.
Sorry...that's not a common issue and I
have no idea what could be the cause.

Just wondering...if you go to the folder the
..mswmm files are saved in (probably My
Videos) and double left click one...what
(if anything) happens?

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Tim L on
John, I figured it out. There was a corrupt file in my movie. It was a
still that was not a jpeg. I know that wmm is pretty particular about the
types of files that it will recognize and this was certainly the case. Once
I deleted the pic from its folder I was able to open my project. It seems to
be working just fine now. Hopefully this will not happen to others. Thanks
for all of your insight.

From: John Inzer on
Tim L wrote:
> John, I figured it out. There was a corrupt file in my movie. It
> was a still that was not a jpeg. I know that wmm is pretty
> particular about the types of files that it will recognize and this
> was certainly the case. Once I deleted the pic from its folder I was
> able to open my project. It seems to be working just fine now.
> Hopefully this will not happen to others. Thanks for all of your
> insight.
===================================
Good detective work!

Thanks for the update.