From: User on
I cannot open a spreadsheet from an e-mail attachment, from a hyperlink or
from Windows Explorer. Excel opens and the blue screen indicates "ready" but
the file won't open.

The "Ignore other applications" option is not checked. Sometimes I can get
the file to appear on the screen if I click off Excel to another program
window, then click back. That doesn't always work, but usually does.

I've searched the previous posts and have tried unchecking ignore other
applications and excel.exe /regserver sequence. Neither are working. Oh,
running Windows XP Professional and Excel 2007.

Thanks,
Katherine
From: Marcelo on
menu view Unhide

hth

--
please click yes if it was helpfull
regards from Brazil

From: Reeza on
On Mar 30, 1:24 pm, User <U...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I cannot open a spreadsheet from an e-mail attachment, from a hyperlink or
> from Windows Explorer.  Excel opens and the blue screen indicates "ready" but
> the file won't open.
>
> The "Ignore other applications" option is not checked.  Sometimes I can get
> the file to appear on the screen if I click off Excel to another program
> window, then click back.  That doesn't always work, but usually does.
>
> I've searched the previous posts and have tried unchecking ignore other
> applications and excel.exe /regserver sequence.  Neither are working.  Oh,
> running Windows XP Professional and Excel 2007.
>
> Thanks,
> Katherine

Save file to desktop, open Excel and open file from with Excel.

If its just this file, then may be a file specific problem. If its all
files then I have no idea ;)

Cheers,
Reese