From: Lewis Z. on
I try to show tool tips for dialog toolbars. But I don't see any
notifications of TTN_NEEDTEXT. Basically I have added

ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, OnToolTipNotify)

in my dialog message map. I also added the following line,

EnableToolTips(TRUE);

in OnInitDialog(). I cannot think what causes the notifications
missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
From: Alex Blekhman on
"Lewis Z." wrote:
> I try to show tool tips for dialog toolbars. But I don't see any
> notifications of TTN_NEEDTEXT.

ToolTip control is created and managed by the toolbar and
therefore it is the toolbar window that receives TTN_NEEDTEXT
notification. You, as a user of the toolbar, will receive
TBN_GETINFOTIP notification.

HTH
Alex