From: RCC on
Purchased a new Windows 7 Home Premium system in January from Dell. Received
an automatic update on March 11th. The update did not affect the
administrator and one of the users but did affect a third user with the
message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook
window." I don't know much about computers...can someone help me?
From: Shenan Stanley on
RCC wrote:
> Purchased a new Windows 7 Home Premium system in January from Dell.
> Received an automatic update on March 11th. The update did not
> affect the administrator and one of the users but did affect a
> third user with the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
> Cannot open the Outlook window." I don't know much about
> computers...can someone help me?

Windows 7 Home Premium.... 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you uninstall the update - does the problem go away?

Are you stating the other users of the computer (the other accounts) *can*
open outlook?

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252304

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Peter Foldes on
Does it open in safe mode? If it does then you have a incompatible Add In

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane

(notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

--
Peter