From: Travis on
Yesterday all was working just fine; last night I recieved this message when
I tried to open Outlook:

Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The
set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the
permission required to access the file
C:\Users\Travis\AppDate\Local\Outlook\Outlook.pst

I am the only user on this machine; anyone have a suggestion to help me
regain access? I tried a system restore but that didn't help. Thanks-
From: Gordon on

"Travis" <Travis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday all was working just fine; last night I recieved this message
> when
> I tried to open Outlook:
>
> Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
> The
> set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have
> the
> permission required to access the file
> C:\Users\Travis\AppDate\Local\Outlook\Outlook.pst
>
> I am the only user on this machine; anyone have a suggestion to help me
> regain access? I tried a system restore but that didn't help. Thanks-

Is that a typo or not? The path should be:
C:\Users\Travis\Appdata\Local\MICROSOFT\Outlook\Outlook.pst?

From: Travis on

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Travis" <Travis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yesterday all was working just fine; last night I recieved this message
> > when
> > I tried to open Outlook:
> >
> > Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
> > The
> > set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have
> > the
> > permission required to access the file
> > C:\Users\Travis\AppDate\Local\Outlook\Outlook.pst
> >
> > I am the only user on this machine; anyone have a suggestion to help me
> > regain access? I tried a system restore but that didn't help. Thanks-
>
> Is that a typo or not? The path should be:
> C:\Users\Travis\Appdata\Local\MICROSOFT\Outlook\Outlook.pst?
>
> .

You are correct Gordon, my mistake as I was typing it in. Here is the
message I keep getting:

From: Gordon on

> Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The
> set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have
> the
> permission required to access the file
> C:\Users\Travis\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

Have you checked whether the pst file in that location is Read-Only? (File
attributes can sometimes get changed...)

From: jb on
Try opening Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch as the first step in
troubleshooting:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

Vista/Windows 7

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(same space)

"Travis" wrote:

> Yesterday all was working just fine; last night I recieved this message when
> I tried to open Outlook:
>
> Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The
> set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the
> permission required to access the file
> C:\Users\Travis\AppDate\Local\Outlook\Outlook.pst
>
> I am the only user on this machine; anyone have a suggestion to help me
> regain access? I tried a system restore but that didn't help. Thanks-
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: outlook 2007 reply signature
Next: Attachment Icon