From: JB on
Hi, I need to convert cells that was typed in caps lock only, to lower case.
How do I do this without having to retype the whole cell??
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=LOWER(A1)
If you want to put it back in the original cell, Copy, and then Edit/ Paste
Special/ Values
--
David Biddulph

From: Jacob Skaria on
Use the below formula to convert to lower.

=LOWER(A1)

If you have a range of cells in say Sheet1; then try the below formula in
Sheet2 A1 and copy down/across as required....Once done copy/paste special
values to convert the formulas to actual values

=LOWER(Sheet1!A1)

--
Jacob

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Assume that you are having data in A column like the below:-

A1 cell
ABC

A2 cell
Abc

Paste this formula in B1 cell
=IF(EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)),LOWER(A1),A1)

Now copy the B1 formula and paste it to B2 cell.

The result will be

B1 cell
abc

B2 cell
Abc

The above formula will convert the text to lower case only if the cell
consist the characters in Upper case. It will get the same result when the
text entry is in Proper OR Lower case.

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on