From: Tara on
I would like to be able to track record changes by capturing the date and
time of change, the recordID of the record that was changed, and the name of
the table that contains the changed record. I *think* I know how to go about
the date and time and the recordID, but I have no idea how to capture the
table name. Any thoughts?
From: Tara on
Actually, I may need a bit more help than I originally thought. At first, I
only needed to do this for one table, so I figued a simple append query on
AfterUpdate would work. But, just minutes after I posted the first question,
I was asked if I could do it for 4 tables...so I need to do this via code,
since the tables involved will vary. No idea how to approach this via code,
so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:06:02 -0700, Tara <Tara(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Actually, I may need a bit more help than I originally thought. At first, I
>only needed to do this for one table, so I figued a simple append query on
>AfterUpdate would work. But, just minutes after I posted the first question,
>I was asked if I could do it for 4 tables...so I need to do this via code,
>since the tables involved will vary. No idea how to approach this via code,
>so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The inimitable Allen Browne has a sample app that will do this for you.

http://allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Marif on