From: Patrick Potvin on
I am having difficulty figuring out how to send data from a listbox
control (that has as its record source a query) to a destination field
in a table. The query basically finds the last record/row on a
subform (that contains a datasheet) and shows it as a single value in
the list box. I then want to assign that value in the listbox to a
new table field. I have tried to assign the destination field of the
table as the control source in the property window for the list box
control but it doesn't copy the value to the table field.

For example, on a subform there are a list of rows with information,
lets say, prices of cars. On a parent form I have a listbox with a
query that finds the maximum priced car in the subform rows and copies
the price to the listbox control on the parent form for the user to
view (so the control shows the highest price). I then want to save
that price to a separate table and field. I can't seem to do this
with a listbox control though.

How can I get around this problem?

Patrick