From: Johnny Rosenberg on
2010/1/24 J.J. Vastiau <jjv(a)telenet.be>:
> Unfortunatly, I am in Windows with OpenOffice

Well, I don't know much about Windows, but still you are using
OpenOffice.org, right? So my suggestion about writing four macros and
assign them to keyboard shortcuts will work no matter you are on
Windows, Linux MacOS X or whatever.

Are you familiar with macro programming?

Johnny Rosenberg

> Jean-Jacques VASTIAU
>
> jjv(a)telenet.be
>

>                Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
>
>                -- Albert Schweitzer

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Johnny Rosenberg on
2010/1/24 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum(a)gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/24 J.J. Vastiau <jjv(a)telenet.be>:
>> Unfortunatly, I am in Windows with OpenOffice
>
> Well, I don't know much about Windows, but still you are using
> OpenOffice.org, right? So my suggestion about writing four macros and
> assign them to keyboard shortcuts will work no matter you are on
> Windows, Linux MacOS X or whatever.
>
> Are you familiar with macro programming?
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

Wait, there is a better solution… Just use the auto correction
function, of course! Do you now how it works?

Still you need to insert the symbols into the auto correction list. If
you can not do that, you can copy them from here and paste them into
the list:

♢
♣
♡
♠

If you can't see the symbols above you need to change your character
encoding. It should be set to Unicode (UTF-8).

Good luck!

Johnny Rosenberg

From: Johnny Rosenberg on
2010/1/24 J.J. Vastiau <jjv(a)telenet.be>:
> Can you be more detailed?
>
> Thks & rgds

Yes… It's a list with words that will be replaced with other words.
OpenOffice.org Writer looks in the list for every word you type. If
the word is in the list, it will be replaced with the corresponding
word. This is convenient for abbreviations and words that are often
misspelled.

1. Click Options for autocorrection…
2. Click the Replace tab if it's not already selected.
3. Select your language or [All] (selecting [All] makes your
abbreviations work for all languages, which makes sense in this case).
4. You have two fields for text: ”Replace” and ”with”. Enter the word
you want to replace in the ”replace” field, let's say ”cl”.
5. In the ”with” field, now enter ♣. If you don't know how to type it,
copy it from here and paste it to the ”with” field.
6. Do step 4 and 5 for the rest of your symbols.
7. Click OK.
8. Try your new abbreviations out. In the above example, now type ”cl”
(without the quotes, of course) and then hit Enter or space. ”cl” will
now automatically be replaced by ♣ (the clubs symbol).

Here are some more symbols that you might want to use:
^ - ↑
--> - →
!= - ≠
(1) - ①
(10) - ⑩
(11) - ⑪
(12) - ⑫
(13) - ⑬
(14) - ⑭
(15) - ⑮
(16) - ⑯
(17) - ⑰
(18) - ⑱
(19) - ⑲
(2) - ②
(20) - ⑳
(3) - ③
(4) - ④
(5) - ⑤
(6) - ⑥
(7) - ⑦
(8) - ⑧
(9) - ⑨
(c) - ©
(p) - ℗
(r) - ®
(tm) - ™
+- - ±
+-0 - ±0
<-- - ←
<-| - ↵
<= - ⩽
<==> - ⬄
==> - ⇨
>= - ⩾
| - ↓
~= - ≈
1/3 - ⅓
2/3 - ⅔
1/5 - ⅕
2/5 - ⅖
3/5 - ⅗
4/5 - ⅘
1/6 - ⅙
5/6 - ⅚
1/8 - ⅛
1/4 - ¼
3/8 - ⅜
1/2 - ½
5/8 - ⅝
3/4 - ¾
7/8 - ⅞
dgc - ℃
degr - °
dgf - ℉
ht - ♡
inf - ∞
kohm - kΩ
cl - ♣
Mohm - MΩ
mu - µ
ncb - n©b
ohm - Ω
P| - ¶
pi - π
pml - ‰
dm - ♢
sp - ♠
sigma - σ
sum - Σ

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org