From: Sanjeev on
Dear Gurus,

I have 4 years of expirience in SQL, PL-SQL and basic DBA activities,
currently my designation is Software Developer,
and Working on below aspect.
- SQL (involved MIS queries), ad-hoc queries, user management etc.
- PL-SQL(SP,Function,User defined Package, inbuilt Package, trigger
etc.), Warehouse Builder
- DBA aspect involed Tablespace management, Partitioning, Query
Tuning, Monitoring
- Also worked on Java,J2EE(Core Java, Servlet, JSP)
- involed mostly in MIS reporting and mining projects in telecom
domain.
- current project involved mining but we are not using any tool,
purely SQL and PL-SQL.

I am going to get an appraisal. I am intrested in Datawarehousing and
Mining.
My Question is Does designaion matter, If yes then what Designation I
must get based on above.
And how it will be helpful for me in getting into Datawarehousing and
Mining.

Do I need to do any courses or anything else to get into
Datawarehousing and Mining.

Thanking in Advance
SQLStar
From: Mark D Powell on
On Jun 26, 4:51 am, Sanjeev <sanjeev.atvan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Gurus,
>
> I have 4 years of expirience in SQL, PL-SQL and basic DBA activities,
> currently my designation is Software Developer,
> and Working on below aspect.
> - SQL (involved MIS queries), ad-hoc queries, user management etc.
> - PL-SQL(SP,Function,User defined Package, inbuilt Package, trigger
> etc.), Warehouse Builder
> - DBA aspect involed Tablespace management, Partitioning, Query
> Tuning, Monitoring
> - Also worked on Java,J2EE(Core Java, Servlet, JSP)
> - involed mostly in MIS reporting and mining projects in telecom
> domain.
> - current project involved mining but we are not using any tool,
> purely SQL and PL-SQL.
>
> I am going to get an appraisal. I am intrested in Datawarehousing and
> Mining.
> My Question is Does designaion matter, If yes then what Designation I
> must get based on above.
> And how it will be helpful for me in getting into Datawarehousing and
> Mining.
>
> Do I need to do any courses or anything else to get into
> Datawarehousing and Mining.
>
> Thanking in Advance
> SQLStar

In my opinion to work in Data Warehousing you do not need any special
designation. If you have the interest and have read a little on the
subject then the next step would be to seek out a project or employer
who has work in a Warehouse or related project such as building a
datamart.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --