From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps) on
On 23-Dec-09 20:06, Peter Dassow wrote:
> It seems to be a big problem, playing Star Wars Battlefront II (patched
> to official v1.10) means pain with ATI cards !

Try going back to 9.11 and even 9.10 first. 9.12 is intended for latest
games.

> At the moment I am sure the HD5770 is not worth the price, because also
> all other games are not running faster than before.
> The card itself is silent and keeps a low temperature.

The card is about DirectX 11. Complain after you tried games like Dirt 2. :)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.2
From: Peter Dassow on
KCB wrote:

> Did you uninstall all the Nvidia software before you installed the ATI
> stuff? As far as not being worth the price, it all depends on what you paid
> for it.

Yes, I uninstalled the nVidia drivers of course before changing the
card. I paid about $210 for it (it's not available at most of the shops,
so that's also the reason for the high price).

Peter