From: malycom on
Hi

I have a spreadsheet that a user is having problems with.

One of the columns contains a job name which is made up of numbers and
letters.

If I enter 7E1, it immediately formats the cell to Scientific and turns the
information into 7.00E+01

Even if I go in and format the cells to General and try to re-enter the
details, it does exactly the same.

Is there a way to stop this happening.

Regards
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Formatting to General doesn't help, as you've found. Either format the cell
as TEXT before you enter the data, or precede the data with an apostrophe.
--
David Biddulph