From: Prashant on
Query:

Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names,
say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in
each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc.

Eg. in sheet 04/01/10

A1 B1
A 1:00:00
D 1:53:00
C 2:45:00

like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10.

Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front
of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the
Sum of the data.

Is it possible and how?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

From: Fred Smith on
Here's how I would do it. Put all your data on one sheet, then create a
Pivot Table to get your sums. Easy, quick and a minimum of fuss. When you
add data, just refresh the Pivot Table.

If you insist on having separate sheets, the only choice I see is to sum by
name on each sheet. Put =Sumif(A:A,"A",B:B) in the same cell (like C1) on
every sheet. The on your summary sheet, you can use =sum(sheet1:sheet31!C1)
for each name.

Much easier to create a Pivot Table.

Regards,
Fred