From: Byron on
There HAS to be a formula so that I need NOT go thru VBA to obtain the
current position of the cell pointer! Has to be! This CAN'T be new? Is
there anyway to access the 'Name Box"?
From: T. Valko on
I don't think you can do this without a selection change event macro.

Simply selecting a cell does not trigger a calculation so a formula wouldn't
update.

This formula will return the active cell address but it will only update
when some event triggers a calculation.

=CELL("address")

Probably not what you had in mind!

--