From: Ryan on
Hi people,

I just want to ask if someone has already tried wrapping C/Front
inside a web service. I have tried this but I always get an error
like this. could not connect to server... please verify that the
database exists... if multiple dynamics nav are installed then make
sure to set the navision path... somethinge like that error ( i just
got it from the top of my head. :)) Since the web service calls the
CfrontDotNet assembly, the app runs inside the system directory (c:/
windows/system32/). I have copied the necessary files (cfront.ocx,
cfrontsql.dll, etc.) to the system directory since it runs in the
system directory. I have tried using the same code and run this in an
ordinary windows app and it works flawlessly. But when I run the code
inside the web service, I get the error that I just metioned.

I am using CfrontDotNet version 5.

I will very much appreciate it if you guys could help me out on this.
Thanks!

Ryan
From: Ryan on
On Apr 4, 5:59 pm, Ryan <ryang...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I just want to ask if someone has already tried wrapping C/Front
> inside a web service. I have tried this but I always get an error
> like this. could not connect to server... please verify that the
> database exists... if multiple dynamics nav are installed then make
> sure to set the navision path... somethinge like that error ( i just
> got it from the top of my head. :)) Since the web service calls the
> CfrontDotNet assembly, the app runs inside the system directory (c:/
> windows/system32/). I have copied the necessary files (cfront.ocx,
> cfrontsql.dll, etc.) to the system directory since it runs in the
> system directory. I have tried using the same code and run this in an
> ordinary windows app and it works flawlessly. But when I run the code
> inside the web service, I get the error that I just metioned.
>
> I am using CfrontDotNet version 5.
>
> I will very much appreciate it if you guys could help me out on this.
> Thanks!
>
> Ryan

I am new to Navision and I will very much appreciate it if you guys
can help me. :)
From: Ryan on
On Apr 4, 5:59 pm, Ryan <ryang...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I just want to ask if someone has already tried wrapping C/Front
> inside a web service. I have tried this but I always get an error
> like this. could not connect to server... please verify that the
> database exists... if multiple dynamics nav are installed then make
> sure to set the navision path... somethinge like that error ( i just
> got it from the top of my head. :)) Since the web service calls the
> CfrontDotNet assembly, the app runs inside the system directory (c:/
> windows/system32/). I have copied the necessary files (cfront.ocx,
> cfrontsql.dll, etc.) to the system directory since it runs in the
> system directory. I have tried using the same code and run this in an
> ordinary windows app and it works flawlessly. But when I run the code
> inside the web service, I get the error that I just metioned.
>
> I am using CfrontDotNet version 5.
>
> I will very much appreciate it if you guys could help me out on this.
> Thanks!
>
> Ryan

This is the odd error.

Couldn't connect or open the database, verified that database exist,
servername is correct and connection and database is closed before
connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed, then
remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files. Error
thrown is : Error Code: 6144854 - Error Message: The following SQL
Server error(s) occurred:

2812,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not
find stored procedure 'sp_sdidebug'.
5703,"01000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Changed
language setting to us_englis

This happens only when I run my code inside the web service. Help
please. Thanks!