From: Chris H Chris on
When using an "IF" formula and the value is true, how do i change the color
in the results cell. I.E. if A6>1,"black", how do i get the cell to turn
black and say black
From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
You can do it by using Conditional Formatting. Have a look in the below
links for more details about it.

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html
http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html
http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

From: Luke M on
Welcome to the world of conditional formats!

The formula in the cell will be:
=IF(A6>1,"black","")

With the cell selected, goto Format - Conditional format.
"Cell value is", "equal to", black
Hit the format button, and choose appropriate font/pattern color.

Alternatively, if you don't need the word black to appear in the cell, your
conditional format would be:
"Formula is", =A6>1

For more help/guidance, check out the XL help file on conditional formatting.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M