From: Zhi-Xin Ye [MSFT] on
Hi anbaesivam,

Thanks for the feedback.

When the display style is set to DataGridViewComboBoxDisplayStyle.Nothing,
the column itself is still of DataGridViewComboBoxColumn type, not of
DataGridViewTextBoxColumn type, so its editing control is still a
ComboBox, that's why you see the ComboBox appear when editing on the
column.
If you want to show a TextBox on the DataGridViewComboBoxColumn when
editing, there're many ways to do this, for example, you can create a
custom DataGridViewComboBoxColumn derive from the standard
DataGridViewComboBoxColumn class and change its editing control to TextBox,
but this way cost a lot of work.
So to make things easy, you can use two columns, one is
DataGridViewTextBoxColumn, the other is DataGridViewComboBoxColumn, show or
hide them based on your requirement.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I
will be happy of assistance. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Zhi-Xin Ye
Microsoft Managed Newsgroup Support Team

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.

From: Zhi-Xin Ye [MSFT] on
Hi anbaesivam,

Does my last reply make sense to you? If you need further help, please feel
free to let me know, I will be happy to be of assistance.