From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Why then do you set that anchor.
You can remove it completely in my idea.

In my idea is for your solution panels and docking more used.

From: Mr. X. on
"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote :
> Why then do you set that anchor.
> You can remove it completely in my idea.
>
> In my idea is for your solution panels and docking more used.
I am using the PropertyGrid panel, and it has anchor on it - can I hide it ?
Besides, I have overcomed the anchor problem.
I need the propertyGrid for the most of the propeties (colors, borders, etc
....).
All the layout, and position - I am doing by hands in the hard way.

Now - I try to overcome setting parent-child relations as it should be set
(panel that has some controls on it).

Thanks :)

From: Onur Güzel on
On Jun 13, 12:46 am, "Mr. X." <nospam(a)nospam_please.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the
> control ?
>
> I.e :
> myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom
> How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ?
>
> Thanks :)

Hi,

Though there's no built-in event like OnAnchorChanged, however you can
still write your own event and sync it with the original anchor
property behind the scenes. The key part is that you have to assign
anchor property to your own property like named "PropGrid1Anchor",
rather than native Control.Anchor at runtime, like in the example
below.

Place this into your existing Form class code:

'--------------------------------------------------------------------
Private Sub Button1_Click _
(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

' Change our custom anchor property to see it raised
Me.PropGrid1Anchor = AnchorStyles.Right _
Or AnchorStyles.Bottom

End Sub

Public Event PropGrid1AnchorChanged(ByVal sender As Object)

Public Property PropGrid1Anchor() As AnchorStyles
Get
Return Me.PropertyGrid1.Anchor
End Get
Set(ByVal value As AnchorStyles)
' It will also set built-in anchor property
Me.PropertyGrid1.Anchor = value

' Let it raise
RaiseEvent PropGrid1AnchorChanged(Me)

End Set
End Property

Public Sub PropGrid_AnchorChanged _
(ByVal sender As Object) _
Handles Me.PropGrid1AnchorChanged
' Test it
MsgBox("Raised!")
End Sub

'--------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that you're assigning anchor property to specific instance of
PropertyGrid control, that is PropertyGrid1. You can customize it in
order to your needs. There may be other thoughts, but also it can be
an option to evaluate.

HTH,

Onur Güzel
First  |  Prev  |