From: Stewart Berman on
>Access runtime, did you also install Data Connectivity Components? I
>suggest that you also install this component and make sure that you apply
>the latest update.

I am a little confused. The installation package includes the redistributable runtime components
needed to use the application. The same installation package was used on multiple machines. Some
of those exhibit the problem. All of the machines that did not have Access 2007 installed before
the installation package was run are going to have the same level of Access 2007 runtime components.

>Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 2

I just saw the notice about SP2 for Access 2007. I tried to download the spreadsheet that listed
what was fixed but the link on http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/957262 to download the
spreadsheet doesn't work.

Is there someplace else to get the spreadsheet?

From: Stewart Berman on
>Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 2

I am really getting confused. I got the notice from Windows Update that SP2 was available. Then I
looked at the date on the web page that describes it and it is over six months old.

Why is Windows Update first pushing this out six months after it was released?

From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
Hi Stewart,
You can download the Excel spreadsheet from this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953195

Regarding the windows update question, I suggest you submit a new question
at Windows community for dedicated assistance.

Best regards,
Charles Wang

From: Stewart Berman on
>>You can download the Excel spreadsheet from this article:

Thanks.

>Regarding the windows update question, I suggest you submit a new question
>at Windows community for dedicated assistance.

No thanks. I've already been though bug reporting there -- I'll leave the question unanswered. I
have Office 2007 Ultimate installed on XP and Windows 7 and have only seen SP2 offered on the XP
machine. I have seen this before there doesn't seem to be any logically way to figure out why one
system gets an update to an MS product that is not OS dependent and another doesn't.

In the meantime can you please respond to:

From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
Hi Stewart,
According to the current information, it is hard to give a reason why this
issue happened at some of your computers but worked on other computers with
the same Access 2007 runtime components. What I suggested before was trying
to help isolate if this is a possible problem. But since this issue is
environment specific and hard to be reproduced at our side, if you want to
track the root cause of the issue, a dump analysis is required. You need to
contact Customer Support Services (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated
Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner. Please be
advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.