From: Mojo on
Hi All

I've used the Microsoft Tabbed Dialog control on a test project and although
it's great and being able to position controls on each tab in design time
you don't seem to be able to change the actual controls colour.

If I change the background colour it only changes the tiny corners in the
top left and right of the tab control not the actual tab background.

This all means that I have to change the overall look of my app to the usual
robot style grey bg of old apps when I really want the tabs to haev a white
background.

Is it possible to change the control's BG from boring grey to white??

Thanks

From: Mike Williams on
On 2 Sep, 22:54, "Mojo" <ple...(a)dont.spam.com> wrote:

> I've used the Microsoft Tabbed Dialog control on a test
> project and although it's great and being able to position
> controls on each tab in design time you don't seem to be
> able to change the actual controls colour.

Have a look at this:

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showpost.php?p=1011724

Mike

From: Steve on
I ran into the same problem about a month or so ago. Mike was
nice enough to point me to the same solution. I went through
a hell of time time trying to understand their sub-classing
approach and adopt it to my particular probject. Afer altering
what I could see were appropriate references to my objects and
stepping thru with the debugger I still could not for the
life of me get it to work.

Advanced API programming is admittedly over my head but I am
always willing to take a stab at a lot of the stuff because that
his how you get learn. In the end I started experiencing
bizarre bad behaviors when running the project in the IDE
environment and gave up on the approach.

My 'wussie' solution was to just put a big label over the face
of the tabs and paste my other controls over the top of that.
The background color would then be alterable directly. This
leaves only the protruding tab portions as button-face grey
but that was acceptable for me.

~Steve

From: Dee Earley on
On 02/09/2009 22:54, Mojo wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've used the Microsoft Tabbed Dialog control on a test project and although
> it's great and being able to position controls on each tab in design time
> you don't seem to be able to change the actual controls colour.
>
> If I change the background colour it only changes the tiny corners in the
> top left and right of the tab control not the actual tab background.
>
> This all means that I have to change the overall look of my app to the usual
> robot style grey bg of old apps when I really want the tabs to haev a white
> background.
>
> Is it possible to change the control's BG from boring grey to white??

Doesn't directly answer your question, but gives you a better overall
solution.
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Tabbed_dialogs

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)