From: Malcolm on
I have a workbook that contains 18 sheets. Is it possible to change the date
on sheet 1 and have it change on the other 17 sheets, even though the sheets
contains two different date formats, 5/25, and 5/25/10, and all of the sheets
are different than sheet 1? I'm using Excel 2007.
Thanks,
Malcolm

From: Gord Dibben on
Link each of the date cells on 17 sheets back to the main sheet where you
will change the date.

=Main!A1 where A1 is the changing date.

Each sheet formatted to your choice.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Malcolm on
Gord, Hi,
I must be doing something wrong. The first sheet is called Cash Audit and
the date cell is B4, so should the date cells on the other sheets look like
this: =Cash Audit!B4? Because when I put =Main!B4 into the other sheets a
different date appeared.

Thanks,
Malcolm

From: Gord Dibben on
='Cash Audit'!B4 would be correct in all 17 other other sheets.

"Main" was an example only but if you are getting a date and not a #REF!
error using =Main!B4 you must have a sheet named Main.

Gord

On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:40:02 -0700, Malcolm

From: Malcolm on
Gord, Hi,
You were spot on. Thanks for setting me straight and making my job easier.
Regards,
Malcolm