From: Jack on
I have a nonprofit database that I am trying to change cities names to title
case instead of all caps. I was sent an empty database that has a an update
query that I can run to convert the case in tblCities. I tried to save this
database to my hard drive and go through the backdoor privileges to Import
the query into bearbase. I have no idea how to do this. The query doesn't
even show up. Any help would be appreciated.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:50:01 -0800, Jack <Jack(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a nonprofit database that I am trying to change cities names to title
>case instead of all caps. I was sent an empty database that has a an update
>query that I can run to convert the case in tblCities. I tried to save this
>database to my hard drive and go through the backdoor privileges to Import
>the query into bearbase. I have no idea how to do this. The query doesn't
>even show up. Any help would be appreciated.

If the fieldname is City, create a Query based on tblCities; change it to an
update query; and put

=StrConv([City], 3)

on the Update To line under City. Run the query by clicking the ! icon.

The SQL would be

UPDATE tblCities SET City = StrConv([City], 3);

and it's surprising that someone would send you an entire database to do this!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]