From: Kathie on
I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different
people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01,
HS = 02..etc. Thank you.
From: Bill Sharpe on
On 2/3/2010 9:26 AM, Kathie wrote:
> I have data that I download into Excel and initials are used for different
> people. I need to give those initials a number in excel for example MJ = 01,
> HS = 02..etc. Thank you.

see VLOOKUP in Excel help.

Bill
From: Otto Moehrbach on
Kathie
You have to be more specific. Where are the initials (column, row,
sheet)? Where do you want the numbers placed? HTH Otto