From: blueman on
I just received a notification that Verizon will only accept incoming
mail on port 587.

I currently use my home Fedora 12 linux system to forward non-work
outgoing emails to verizon while handling local emails and work emails
separately, using the following mailertable entry:
.mydomain esmtp:%1%0
.workdomain esmtp:work-address.com
. esmtp:outgoing.verizon.net

What changes do I need to make so that only the mail relayed to
outgoing.verizon.net is sent out on port 587 while local emails
(mydomain) and work emails (workdomain) still get handled as before?

Again to be clear, I am *not* asking for my sendmail server to listen on
port 587, I just want it to (selectively) relay on port 587 for certain
hosts listed in my mailertable file.

Note I have the following potentially relevant entries on my sendmail.mc
file:
FEATURE(`mailertable', `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

Thanks!
From: Claus Aßmann on
blueman wrote:

> What changes do I need to make so that only the mail relayed to
> outgoing.verizon.net is sent out on port 587 while local emails
> (mydomain) and work emails (workdomain) still get handled as before?

How do I send using an alternate port?
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3#3.39

From: blueman on
Claus Aßmann
<ca+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@mine.informatik.uni-kiel.de> writes:
> blueman wrote:
>
>> What changes do I need to make so that only the mail relayed to
>> outgoing.verizon.net is sent out on port 587 while local emails
>> (mydomain) and work emails (workdomain) still get handled as before?
>
> How do I send using an alternate port?
> http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3#3.39

Thanks. That was very helpful and it worked for my needs (well, I won't
know for sure I guess until Verizon starts blocking port 25...).

Still a question remains though. What if using mailtertable, I wanted to
'relay' some mail to port 587 and some mail to another non-25 port?
Is it possible to set up multiple different relay mailers with different
relay args specifying different ports?
From: Claus Aßmann on
blueman wrote:

> Is it possible to set up multiple different relay mailers with different
> relay args specifying different ports?

See doc/op/op.* about defining mailers (and then cf/README).