From: Green Biro on
I'm using Access 2003.

I have inserted a line graph chart using the chart wizard which charts the
value of grades students attain over several terms.

I need to change my axis to show the actual grades rather than the grade
values.

So my data for a student might be {C, B, B+} which is {40, 46, 48} but I
don't want numeric values on my Y axis - I want {E,D,C,B,A}

How can I change the axis to look the way I want it to?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

GB

From: Green Biro on
Hi there

Anyone out there can help?

Rephrased version of my original post:

How do I show 'lookup' values on my y-axis rather than the actual values
against which the points are plotted.

I've read up that with Excel this can be accomplished by creating a line
from a dummy series and then labelling the points with an addin.

How can I accomplish the same with my chart that's embedded into my Access
report?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:51:45 -0000, "Green Biro"
<dummygreenbiro(a)breenbiro.com> wrote:

>Hi there
>
>Anyone out there can help?
>
>Rephrased version of my original post:
>
>How do I show 'lookup' values on my y-axis rather than the actual values
>against which the points are plotted.

Base the chart on a query joining the data table to the lookup table, rather
than on the lookup table itself.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]