From: Mark on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:49:57 +0100, zoara wrote
(in article <383897600300720471.048623me18-privacy.net(a)news.individual.net>):

> Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am I reading this right? I can connect this to the TV via the Apple
>> composite
>> connector I have, then to my MacBook & play any (supported) media off
>> it?
>
> I don't think that will work. How will you make your MacBook look like a
> USB drive to this gadget?
>
> But if you have a composite connector, can't you already connect your
> MacBook to a TV?

No, not on my early '09 model. I searched high and low (and high again) to
figure out how to cable the MacBook to my TV (I had done it previously on my
iG5 via S-Video). Can't be done.

>> Or
>> alternatively any USB external drive?
>
> Yeah, that seems to be what it's designed to do. Expect it'll need to be
> FAT or NTFS formatted, though.
>
> -z-

Seems from the comments on www.hotukdeals.com it'll play from a USB memory
stick too. Aarrgh! Too late! Now back up to �70 from �20!

There is also a Sumvision Cyclone Micro HD Movie Player though which does the
same thing (although /not/ play .mp4's) for �16.64. If anyone wants it, the
promo code is CYC35M (also free delivery).

<http://bit.ly/aRRTCF>

Cheers ... Mark

Pages: 1
Prev: Cheeky