|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
First day with Talk Talk
Following on from my posting about Talk Talk, I decided to go with them, the saving was too much not to ignore. I was supposed to go live on the 9th, but have been away camping in The Lakes for the week, so have no idea if it went well or not. To all intents and purposes it must have, as I plugged in tonight, and... 13 Aug 2010 15:47
ios 4.0.2 (iphone)
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4291> all so far (5mins) seems tickedy boo. roger -- www.rogermerriman.com ... 13 Aug 2010 11:25
iMac won't recognise card reader
My new Intel iMac with its 3.33GHz processor won't recognise my USB card reader. I have two, both of which worked on my G5 imac, but for some reason not on the new machine. When plugging the card reader into the USB port, it's not shown in the Finder. If I attempt to plug it into the external powered USB ports I ... 13 Aug 2010 16:52
iPhone 3G:Instructions to downgrade from iOS4 to iOS3
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20013523-263.html> Please note: I've not tried this - I've had no need to since I avoided iOS4 in the first place. Hence I can't promise that this will work, or even that it won't do something nasty to your phone. If it re-flashes your phone with an mp3 of Leonard Nimoy sin... 13 Aug 2010 13:35
Darwin Calendar server has lost all its calendars
I have had Darwin Calendar Server running happily on a Linux server for a couple of years. This morning, all my calendars disappeared. I can still connect to the server, and create new calendars and items, but I want my old ones back. Any ideas what might have happened, or where the missing things might be? ... 13 Aug 2010 08:08
Cheap video card for a Mac Pro?
Any recommendations for a *cheap* video card for an early 2009 Mac Pro (2x quad-core 2.8GHz) Cheap. Inexpensive. I only want to hook an old TV up to it via a DVI->HDMI cable. I'm already using both sockets on the onboard card. Jim -- Twitter:@GreyAreaUK "If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk... 12 Aug 2010 12:35
Game trouble on a Powerbook
I just passed my lovely old first OSX machine, a 12" Powerbook with 1.33GHz, 1.25gig and 10.5.8, to my mum. She almost immediately installed a 2006 game, My Kingdom For The Princess (a resource management race against time, kinda like a small-level based Settlers). It runs like a dead pig, takes a good three min... 12 Aug 2010 17:00
Label printer with OSX support?
Can anyone recommend me a printer to churn out 1/4" strip labels under the control of OSX? I'm tired of using the piddly keyboard on my current Dymo writer and will happily pay a few quid more for something that USBs to a Mac. TIA ... 13 Aug 2010 04:54
Problem solved!
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) <d4g4h4(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote: I played around with the flash settings and noticed that for "local storage" the setting was 100k. Changed this to unlimited, and hey presto, works fine now... after all that bother! :) Ooh! Oooooh! Where are these settings made? Rowla... 13 Aug 2010 10:19
iTunes niceness
I've just noticed: iTunes 9.2.1 seems to fade between artwork selections (the small box in the bottom LH corner displaying `selected item' or `now playing') rather than switching bluntly. It's just nice if you ask me - is this a new thing for v9.2.1, or have I just not noticed before? Rowland. -- Remov... 13 Aug 2010 16:52
Getting audio from minidisc(!) into Mac [old school]
Bella Jones <me9(a)privacy.net> wrote: MS has Remote/headphones, Mic/plug in power, Optical/Line in Must be the first one. Mac has two sockets - headphone and something next to it that I blush have never known what it is. If it only has two sockets, it's an older iMac. The two sockets are headphones an... 12 Aug 2010 18:06
Problem solved! (was BBC news "new" website)
I played around with the flash settings and noticed that for "local storage" the setting was 100k. Changed this to unlimited, and hey presto, works fine now... after all that bother! :) -- (*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate www.davidhorne.net (email address on website) "[Do you think the worl... 12 Aug 2010 07:07
Label printing
I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations? -- Graeme Wall My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/> ... 12 Aug 2010 12:35
Finder disappointment
Tim Streater <timstreater(a)waitrose.com> wrote: [snip] I didn't think we did paths in OS X. [snip] I don't know the details of this sort of thing, but: Paths and filename extensions used to be more or less irrelevant from the point of view of the MacOS *before* MacOS X. (and if you had an original Mac... 12 Aug 2010 09:17
Do Vodafone speak English?
Just tried to update my debit card details on the Vodafone website, but got the error message: "Sorry. The Direct Debit details updation failed." -- Pd ... 11 Aug 2010 15:51
laser toner suppliers?
thnews(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote: I think I'm about to bid a tearful farewell to my Laserjet 5M. I'd like to donate it to someone in a usable state, and as the current cartridge has taken one too many refills, I need a new cartridge, which I'd like to spend as little as possible on! ... 13 Aug 2010 03:50
Firefox and rendering JPEG2000s
Hello, I'm trying to find out if Firefox can render JPEG2000s using its own good self, or whether it needs help from something like QuickTime. Does anyone have an idea how I can find out? Can't find any reference to the matter on-line. Cheers, Rowland. -- Remove the animal for email address: rowland.... 13 Aug 2010 12:30
iPad camera connection kit - opinions?
Anyone got one of these? Any good? I'll be away for a week on holiday and now have no laptop to sync my camera with. Does the iPad kit take in the full images from the camera of does it render then down to a more iPad-friendly form? I'm hoping the former, as the latter would make the kit pretty useless. Jim ... 12 Aug 2010 21:22
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11