First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
USB Cable question
I have a USB cable that came with a USB 1.1 device. If I were to use this cable on a USB 2.0 device, would the cable restrict the speed. John ... 1 Aug 2010 20:18
Gmail IMAP Vs POP
I've spent the last few days trying to find the ideal solution, yet again, for handling my emails. As I handle quite a few accounts, some personal, and a few for the church, it is proving to be a bit tricky. Not one solution seems to work 100%, but most of the issues seem to stem from Google's implementation of I... 3 Aug 2010 09:15
Can't open various web sites
I'm using an Intel iMac 3.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OS X v 10.6.04 along with Safari v 5.0.1 and occasionally Camino v 2.0.3. My system firewall is turned off, and I'm using the firewall built in to my Belkin wired router. I am unable to open certain sites, as an example: http://mapwow.com/ http://www... 8 Aug 2010 01:35
Anyway to browse the iBooks store from a Mac?
Was just wondering whether iBooks had some particular books in, and went into iTunes expecting to be able to see the stock somewhere in the iTMS. This doesn't seem to be around - is there any way of browsing the book store direct from a Mac? Cheers, Ian ... 2 Aug 2010 15:53
Major Upgrade for Dragon ( was "Any Physicians Using Macs" )
A major upgrade will allow existing Dragon users to upgrade from the present version 10.1 to 11.0 Upgrade is due out approx' August 6th. Nuance effectively controls the speech recognition market world wide. According to reports I read in the knowbrainer.com forum, discounted prices will be offered ... 31 Jul 2010 22:43
At last, a moment of sanity in my USA politics
I never said the democrats in the USA were 100% bad. It is more like 99.9% bad - - - there is some good in everything, even in Rowland McDonnell. So there. The prestigous "FDA" (Federal Drug Administration) is the USA controls whether a medical procedure can be used legally in the USA . According to... 31 Jul 2010 21:38
DVD from VIDEO_TS folder
What's the best way to achieve this? I don't think it can be done in the Finder, because the files need to be in the right order and the Mac does in alphabetically (which turns out to be wrong). Daniele ... 4 Aug 2010 06:00
iPad from US
My partner is looking to get an iPad; and a friend of mine is coming to visit me from the US (New York state). Even with the sales taxes, it looks like quite a saving; are there any drawbacks apart from it having the wrong plug? I notice from my iPhone 4 that Apple now seems to have started using a country spe... 11 Aug 2010 16:57
Xcode 4 developer preview
http://developer.apple.com is prominently plugging 'Xcode 4 developer preview' but when I login (via the Mac Dev Center link) to download it, there is no mention of v4 at all. Any other registered developers here seeing this or do I have the wrong membership level? -- Bruce Horrocks Surrey England (bru... 2 Aug 2010 11:27
Speeding up iOS4 on 3G iPhone
I stick with the previous OS, so have no practical experience, however as some of you are less than impressed: <http://lifehacker.com/5600825/how-can-i-make-ios-4-usable-on-my-iphone- 3g> Gwynne -- My real email is net, not line. ... 31 Jul 2010 07:29
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last