First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
OS X (10.6.4) memory
Hmm, I've also noticed markedly increased slowness and swapping since either Safari 5 or OSX 10.6.4 were installed. Not entirely sure which is to blame as I installed both around the same time. Having a low Free Memory figure isn't a problem in itself, it just means that the OS has it all under control. When i... 30 Jul 2010 05:21
Magic Trackpad questions
I think it will look great with my 27" iMac, but do I really need it. Will it replace the Magic Mouse, or work with it. What will the be the benefits of having the Trackpad or Trackpad/Mouse. I expect I will order one, no matter what, and I suspect I will order the Battery Charger as well. I can't resist it. I... 29 Jul 2010 06:25
Financial Times app for iPad - always wanting an update?
As of this morning the Financial Times app for iPad is marked as being an ap eady for update. Even though I've just updated it. And again. And again. Anyone else seeing this? Jim -- "Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good product' in what IT experts have described as the most... 29 Jul 2010 03:11
McGoofy really messed up on this one <g>
McGoofy really missed the boat on this one ;-) Now we will _all_ have to learn Chinese, due to McGoofy's error - - - bad boy, McGoofy, bad bad bad. Go to your room, see all the trouble you caused. Bad boy. He claimed in an earlier post that California, USA , had never been a poor state, in his "ex... 1 Aug 2010 01:56
Beware of iPhoto, DoubleTwist and Android
On 2010-07-28 19:42:53 +0100, Colin Harper said: A little while ago, I used DoubleTwist to copy my photos from iPhoto Library to an SDHC card in my Android phone. This was okay. I'd taken some photos and videos on the phone itself since, and wanted to copy them back into iPhoto. Without thinkin... 28 Jul 2010 15:10
It's now legal to jailbreak your phone...
in the US. http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20011702-260.html?tag=nl.e703 They ammended the DMCA law so that it is legal, but it is still against the EULA from Apple. I was wondering if there is a similar copyright law in UK as there is to the DMCA in the US? In simpler terms, is it legal to jailbreak yo... 28 Jul 2010 12:58
iWeb code quality revisited...
Having now just installed Safari 5.0.1, and had a play with some of the new extensions, I found one that does a page validation with the W3C service. If anyone remembers, we had a thread running about the quality of code from iWeb, and possible alternative web page editors, along with the pitfalls of migrating a... 28 Jul 2010 12:58
Safari 5.0.1 update out...
Quite a few fixes, and a load of extensions available (or did I miss that before?) Seems OK so far. -- Andy Hewitt <http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/> ... 31 Jul 2010 06:25
Jailbreaking a second-hand 3GS
Hello, I've been on a 3G so am only dimly aware of the extra difficulties in jailbreaking a 3GS, thanks to signed firmware. Having looked into it further I'm no longer dimly aware, just confused. I'd like to buy a 3GS off eBay. Can anyone explain to me in plain English whether I need to get one that has alread... 3 Aug 2010 10:21
Some helpful advice for those who delve inside their computers
<http://www.dansdata.com/sbs3.htm> A rather entertaining five minutes. Jim -- Twitter:@GreyAreaUK "If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you." Terry Pratchett ... 28 Jul 2010 08:33