First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New London Apple Store
It's in Covent Garden says Macworld - possibly as soon as the end of this month. <http://bit.ly/aCjaoi> Cheers ... Mark ... 13 Jul 2010 04:22
Never realized the Brits had such a terrible secret weapon (Rowland)
I trust you keep him caged most of the time, and only release him in case of a national emergency ? Mark- ... 28 Jul 2010 12:58
Heads-up - Applejack is back :-)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/ -- Andy Hewitt <http://web.me.com/andrewhewitt1/> ... 13 Jul 2010 10:54
messed up bash profile
Gents, Attempting to get Android SDK running and I think I've borked my bash profile. Now, from a terminal window, most commands just give "command not found". CD to a directory works, for example, but LS to list contents does not. pico doesn't work. I'm not sure what I've done and I've even less idea how to p... 13 Jul 2010 09:47
Wireless router for cable modem
On 12 July, 16:27, Martin S Taylor <m...(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote: Requirements: very strong Wi-Fi output, since we live under a network of slate roofs, and the signal deteriorates hugely from one end of the flat to the other. The latest Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11n?) is probably a good idea, too,... 16 Jul 2010 12:08
The Onion & Apple's "Friend Bar"
<http://onion.com/c8KlfQ> Cheers ... Mark ... 12 Jul 2010 20:45
Pop!
Sometimes when I boot my MacBook it plays the chime, then makes a popping sound and the screen goes black, then it automatically starts up a second time and plays the chime again. While I'm here, is shutting the MacBook down a bad idea? Is it safer to just let it sleep unless software updates demand a reboot... 13 Jul 2010 13:09
PowerBook G4 - it's dead Jim!
I think my PowerBook G4 may have just gone the way of the Dodo - whilst using it the screen went black (except for a faint grey line at the bottom of the screen about where the top of the Dock would be). Did a force power off, then on again - zilch. Did a force power off followed by battery removal and reinsertio... 16 Jul 2010 17:41
Setting a double click on a mouse
Okay, I'm now using the Apple wireless mouse. I previously used a Logitech and had it set to double clck when hitting the right button, I used that a lot and I'm missing it like anything. I know there's a little app to configure mouse buttons in 10.6; I downloaded it, following advice here, but it's on my old iG5... 12 Jul 2010 08:30
Full Moon
The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the phase of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the moment it's registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent nonsense. Martin S Taylor ... 12 Jul 2010 07:25