First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
*quiet* 320GB laptop drive recommendation?
As per subject, really. Can anyone recommend a 320GB 2.5" SATA drive that doesn't have any annoying high-pitched whines or repetitive clicks? Or are they all near-silent these days? I currently have a Hitachi 200GB (HTS722020K9SA00) which isn't too bad - I certainly wouldn't want anything louder. Thanks, ... 4 Jul 2010 19:55
Skype - Incoming Call/Chat Notification
I have skype running well on my home iMac and and iPod Touch. I would like to set up my home iMac so that when I want to connect to my wife's skype account, it automatically activates skype. Unless I have missed something obvious, I can't see an easy way of doing this within skype. That is, to set up some sort ... 4 Jul 2010 09:00
best WP app for producing .doc documents ?
Hi guys, Yes .. trying tp get away from Word yet again... but I NEED to produce good .doc docs for interacting with professional clients etc. Pages doesn't produce accurate .doc documents. It changes tables for the start. So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate .doc documents ?... 6 Jul 2010 15:36
User account problem
The user account on his MacBook has crapped out. After a disk repair using Disk Utility it would at least boot into the admin account fine, but now trying to switch accounts to the user one just returns to the Accounts pref pane. Any clues? Cheers, Stuart ... 5 Jul 2010 05:39
Options for watching iTunes TV shows/movies on my TV
Hi all, Exposing another area of my technological ignorance... I have been amassing some video downloads from the iTunes Store over the last year or so. I can watch these on my MBPro or iPad, but I have been wondering what options I have for watching them on my TV. I know that I can connect the iPad to the T... 4 Jul 2010 10:06
iPhone spellchecker
Namely IOS 4 has one, okay it's not difficult to defeat it, but same goes for all spellcheckers. Roger -- www.rogermerriman.com ... 3 Jul 2010 06:55
That Apple letter in full...
You have probably seen <http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/07/02appleletter.html> by now, in which Apple claim to be 'stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong'. Perhaps Apple should have worked a little harder on the algorithm *2 year... 11 Jul 2010 07:13
Dummy mail accounts.
I own my own domain name, and to avoid excessive spam every service or site that I register with gets a unique email address(a)my_domain. Any domains that then either mail me spam or pass my address on to spammers can be identified and the problem remedied. There is, however, a problematic side-effect to this. I have... 5 Jul 2010 07:47
Seagate hybrid disk
Apologies if this has already come up but has anyone got/considering the Seagate Momentus XT 2.5 inch hybrid disks with 4GB SSD storage? I realise Seagates are not the flavour of the month but thought this might be worth getting for my intensively used Mac Mini as a large SSD is really too expensive. http:/... 4 Jul 2010 00:25
Snow Leopard Graphics Glitches
Hi, I have been getting some odd behaviour recently with my machine. I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.4 but I noticed the problem first using 10.6.3. I am getting strange graphical glitches on my screen from time to time in the form of a line or lines. There is a screen shot available here: http://www.badrick.... 4 Jul 2010 11:10