From: Howard on
Hi guys,

Yes .. trying tp get away from Word yet again... but I NEED to produce
good .doc docs for interacting with professional clients etc.

Pages doesn't produce accurate .doc documents. It changes tables for the
start.

So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate .doc
documents ?

Howard
From: David Kennedy on
Howard wrote:

> So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate .doc
> documents ?

Word v 5 or v6

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
From: Rob on
On 03/07/2010 18:07, David Kennedy wrote:
> Howard wrote:
>>
>> So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate .doc
>> documents ?
>>

> Word v 5 or v6

I gather a new version of Office for Mac is due any month now - could be
worth waiting for. I might forgive the whole blundered mess of Office
2008 if the new version is reliable.

Rob
From: Woody on
Howard <Howard.not(a)home.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Yes .. trying tp get away from Word yet again... but I NEED to produce
> good .doc docs for interacting with professional clients etc.
>
> Pages doesn't produce accurate .doc documents. It changes tables for
> the
> start.
>

> So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate
> .doc
> documents ?

Exactly the same version of word as them, running on the same system as
them.
Beyond that there are going to be differences, so the closer you can get
to their setup, the better.

--
Woody
From: Mark on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:27:04 +0100, Howard wrote
(in article <1jl2dq9.y5ab7bnmiacuN%Howard.not(a)home.com>):

> Hi guys,
>
> Yes .. trying tp get away from Word yet again... but I NEED to produce
> good .doc docs for interacting with professional clients etc.
>
> Pages doesn't produce accurate .doc documents. It changes tables for the
> start.
>

> So my Q is which word processor produces the best and most accurate .doc
> documents ?
>

> Howard

Have a look at Bean <http://www.bean-osx.com/Bean.html>

I use it when I (not often) need .doc's. I don't know how it fits into the
'best and most accurate' category, but it's free, so worth a shot!

Cheers ... Mark