First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Repeated Filesystem Corruption
R <me32(a)privacy.net> wrote: I am experiencing repeated filesystem corruption. It has occurred on both internal hard disks and an external USB flash drive, all of which were HFS+ formatted and accessed by from OS X 10.6.x. I'd always suspect a bad hard disk, but in your case, I don't know what to s... 13 Jul 2010 14:15
AIFF editor and creator for short tunes
I would like to create custom warning tunes- very short- for OS 10.6.4. I used to use Sound Studio, which was absolutely fine, but I can't face paying that much money to create five or six two second riffs. I need to edit down some very short riffs. I've done it in the past, but they are in Sound Studio format ... 11 Jul 2010 05:04
Upgrading to an IntelMac- a surprise.
Okay, I've gone from my iG5 to and InteliMac and as I expected, by comparison it's blindingly fast, especially with Street View and Flash stuff like the iPlayer. No complaints at all. But a real surprise has been the Magic Mouse. I really expected to like this. I've used a mouse pad with gestures on Anne's MBP am... 15 Jul 2010 14:19
`Connection failed' - 10.6 filesharing problem
I've got two Intel Macs, both on 10.6, both connected to the gigabit Ethernet side of the home LAN (the rest of it's 100 Mbit/s). One of them is connected to the other doing file sharing. When I try to connect the other way, I get `connection failed'[1]. `But it worked fine yesterday', I bleated pathetically ... 15 Jul 2010 09:52
News from Nigeria
I don't know why, but this is my most favouritest 419 jobbie so far, I think: "Lagos, Nigeria. Dispatch Director: Dr. Mike Scott EMAIL: ups.customerservice(a)i12.com Telephone: +234 809 128 8840 Make sure you send your Full Name, Your Mailing Address, Your Direct Telephone Number to Dr. Mike Scott to enable hi... 10 Jul 2010 08:21
Unlock iPhones
This may have been mentioned in here before but I've been absent for a while, and I only found it yesterday. Both Orange and o2 will unlock any iPhone up to the 3GS. o2 and Orange charge a small fee for PAYG phones. Orange charges �20 for contract phones, o2 does it for free. You must be at least 3 months into ... 12 Jul 2010 05:15
iPhone Gmail bug
Since the os4 upgrade, I've had some niggles on my 3GS. Gmail, through the email bit rather than going to theatre in safari, is playing up. It tales ages to respond to refresh, and all sorts of ghost empty messages, with dates in the long past, keep popping up. Also some messages don't appear. Anyone seein... 10 Jul 2010 06:14
How do I get photos /off/ the iPad?
So I uploaded my photos to the iPad with the camera connection kit (SD Card reader) - but how do I get them /off/? Cheers, James -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ... 12 Jul 2010 05:15
ipad picture problem
I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as one does. However a number have been processed after leaving the camera, which includes reorientating portrait format shots. Unfortunately the iPad reads whatever the original indicator is and resets them back! Any way of stopping it doing thi... 9 Jul 2010 15:00
Shut Down reluctance
It sometimes happens that when I 'Shut Down' (using the Apple Menu command or the keyboard shortcut) this Mac Pro it does so but immediately starts up again. Anyone know why this might be happening? -- Michael mhphillips at gmail dot com ... 17 Jul 2010 05:32