From: ray on
This may have been mentioned in here before but I've been absent for a
while, and I only found it yesterday.

Both Orange and o2 will unlock any iPhone up to the 3GS.
o2 and Orange charge a small fee for PAYG phones. Orange charges �20 for
contract phones, o2 does it for free.
You must be at least 3 months into a contract.

Could useful if you plan on selling the phone on eBay for example.

--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-10 09:41:12 +0100, datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) said:

> Both Orange and o2 will unlock any iPhone up to the 3GS.
> o2 and Orange charge a small fee for PAYG phones. Orange charges �20 for
> contract phones, o2 does it for free.
> You must be at least 3 months into a contract.

Interesting - to be clear, even when I'm still in a contract O2 will
unlock the phone? Would be interested in this - my contract doesn't end
'til December but I'd like to try a variety of SIMs in the phone to see
which gives best reception at work. Am particularly interested in 3 and
Vodafone, 3 for signal and Vodafone for coverage (plus their SureSignal
femtocell thing).

Ian

From: Paul Womar on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> Interesting - to be clear, even when I'm still in a contract O2 will
> unlock the phone?

If it's not an iPhone 4 - yes:
http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html
--
-> The email address used in this message *IS* valid <-
From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-10 11:03:35 +0100, {$PW$}@womar.co.uk (Paul Womar) said:

> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
>> Interesting - to be clear, even when I'm still in a contract O2 will
>> unlock the phone?
>
> If it's not an iPhone 4 - yes:
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

Thanks - form filled in and waiting. They say they'll text me in 14 days.

Ian

From: Lynn W on
On 10/07/2010 15:24, in article 89re5dFjikU1(a)mid.individual.net, "Ian
McCall" <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> On 2010-07-10 11:03:35 +0100, {$PW$}@womar.co.uk (Paul Womar) said:
>
>> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting - to be clear, even when I'm still in a contract O2 will
>>> unlock the phone?
>>
>> If it's not an iPhone 4 - yes:
>> http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html
>

> Thanks - form filled in and waiting. They say they'll text me in 14 days.
>

> Ian

I was thinking of doing that anyway but I haven't got another sim to put in
it and might be staying with O2 would that make any difference. I guess I'm
asking if you have to use another sim to activate the unlocking or anything
I was sure I read that you had to sync with iTunes etc after O2 unlocks it
so I was wondering why.

Lynn
Live for today, as tomorrow is not promised

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: iPhone Gmail bug
Next: News from Nigeria