From: James Dore on

So I uploaded my photos to the iPad with the camera connection kit (SD
Card reader) - but how do I get them /off/?

Cheers,
James

From: Jim on
On 2010-07-09, James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> So I uploaded my photos to the iPad with the camera connection kit (SD
> Card reader) - but how do I get them /off/?

When you connect it to the Mac iPhoto should fire up.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-09 13:15:30 +0100, R said:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-07-09, James Dore <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> So I uploaded my photos to the iPad with the camera connection kit (SD
>>> Card reader) - but how do I get them /off/?
>>
>> When you connect it to the Mac iPhoto should fire up.
>
> Is there an alternative to iPhoto? I don't have an iPad, but I'm curious
> about this. I never install iLife suite.

iPhoto is just the default app that starts up. If you manually run
Image Capture.app you can configure what happens when each device is
attached. I have it set to not begin iPhoto when my iPod Touch is
attached, for example.

As to iPhoto alternatives, I guess Photoshop Elements is roughly
equivalent. Maybe Picassa too? At the higher end Lightroom and Aperture
are also presumably able to download from attached cameras.
--
Chris

From: Jim on
On 2010-07-09, R <me32(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
>
>> iPhoto is just the default app that starts up. If you manually run
>> Image Capture.app you can configure what happens when each device is
>> attached. I have it set to not begin iPhoto when my iPod Touch is
>> attached, for example.
>>
>> As to iPhoto alternatives, I guess Photoshop Elements is roughly
>> equivalent. Maybe Picassa too? At the higher end Lightroom and Aperture
>> are also presumably able to download from attached cameras.
>
> I have Photoshop CS3. Can I assume from the above you can't view
> the iPad as a USB mass storage device and drag files across that way?

Correct, you can't. It doesn't mount like a drive.

Jim

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-09 13:26:33 +0100, R said:

> Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
>
>> iPhoto is just the default app that starts up. If you manually run
>> Image Capture.app you can configure what happens when each device is
>> attached. I have it set to not begin iPhoto when my iPod Touch is
>> attached, for example.
>>
>> As to iPhoto alternatives, I guess Photoshop Elements is roughly
>> equivalent. Maybe Picassa too? At the higher end Lightroom and Aperture
>> are also presumably able to download from attached cameras.
>
> I have Photoshop CS3. Can I assume from the above you can't view
> the iPad as a USB mass storage device and drag files across that way?

You can't assume that from what I wrote, no.

But since no iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad currently advertises itself as a
USB mass storage device, you can't just drag things off and on :-(

You're limited to whatever the photo transfer protocol is (PTP?)

--
Chris

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3