From: Graeme on
I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as one
does. However a number have been processed after leaving the camera, which
includes reorientating portrait format shots. Unfortunately the iPad reads
whatever the original indicator is and resets them back! Any way of stopping
it doing this?

NB the processing is done using Graphic Converter if that makes a difference.

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Woody on
On 09/07/2010 10:32, Graeme wrote:
> I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as one
> does. However a number have been processed after leaving the camera, which
> includes reorientating portrait format shots. Unfortunately the iPad reads
> whatever the original indicator is and resets them back! Any way of stopping
> it doing this?
>
> NB the processing is done using Graphic Converter if that makes a difference.

Maybe graphic converter just sets a flag rather than rotating the
picture? Mine dont have that problem (from iPhoto and other places). Can
you try taking a picture, rotating it in GC and another copy rotated in
another app, and see if they both do the same?

--
Woody
From: Mike Edwards on

> > I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as one
> > does. However a number have been processed after leaving the camera, which
> > includes reorientating portrait format shots. Unfortunately the iPad reads
> > whatever the original indicator is and resets them back! Any way of
> > stopping
> > it doing this?
> >
> > NB the processing is done using Graphic Converter if that makes a
> > difference.
>
> Maybe graphic converter just sets a flag rather than rotating the
> picture? Mine dont have that problem (from iPhoto and other places). Can
> you try taking a picture, rotating it in GC and another copy rotated in
> another app, and see if they both do the same?

There is an EXIF setting that GraphicConverter uses to orientate the
picture but a lot of software ignores it so...
From: Graeme on
In message <89oc4rFtcU1(a)mid.individual.net>
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 10:32, Graeme wrote:
> > I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as one
> > does. However a number have been processed after leaving the camera,
> > which includes reorientating portrait format shots. Unfortunately the
> > iPad reads whatever the original indicator is and resets them back! Any
> > way of stopping it doing this?
> >
> > NB the processing is done using Graphic Converter if that makes a
> > difference.
>
> Maybe graphic converter just sets a flag rather than rotating the
> picture?

Don't think so as I've rotated sots from the scanner with no problems

> Mine dont have that problem (from iPhoto and other places). Can you try
> taking a picture, rotating it in GC and another copy rotated in another
> app, and see if they both do the same?

I'll give it a whirl (sorry!).

From: Graeme on
In message <mike.edwards-BF1B82.12004809072010(a)news.demon.co.uk>
Mike Edwards <mike.edwards(a)mjeonline.co.uk> wrote:

> > > I've loaded a selection of photos on to my iPad to show to people, as
> > > one does. However a number have been processed after leaving the
> > > camera, which includes reorientating portrait format shots.
> > > Unfortunately the iPad reads whatever the original indicator is and
> > > resets them back! Any way of stopping it doing this?
> > >
> > > NB the processing is done using Graphic Converter if that makes a
> > > difference.
> >
> > Maybe graphic converter just sets a flag rather than rotating the
> > picture? Mine dont have that problem (from iPhoto and other places). Can
> > you try taking a picture, rotating it in GC and another copy rotated in
> > another app, and see if they both do the same?
>
> There is an EXIF setting that GraphicConverter uses to orientate the
> picture but a lot of software ignores it so...

Ah, Qiuck look through the exif informaion doesn't reveal anything obvious.