From: Peter Ceresole on
Okay, I've gone from my iG5 to and InteliMac and as I expected, by
comparison it's blindingly fast, especially with Street View and Flash
stuff like the iPlayer. No complaints at all.

But a real surprise has been the Magic Mouse. I really expected to like
this. I've used a mouse pad with gestures on Anne's MBP amd I love that.
Nut I reckon that my old Logitech Wheel Mouse is better in every way
that matters, meaning that scrolling is more positive, stays where you
leave it, stuff like that.

The Magic Mouse isn't absolutely terrible, I can live with it, but 'I
can live with it' isn't as good as I'd hoped.

Okay, I can always revert to a mechanical mouse; I've definitely
abandoned the Chiclet keyboard and wired in the TactilePro. No problem
there- except that I've been soldiering on in the hope that it was just
'change' that was spooking me. But it's been enough days to realize that
some things simply aren't as good as they once were.

As always, lotsa tweaking to come...
--
Peter
From: Peter Ceresole on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Okay, I've gone from my iG5 to and InteliMac

*To an InteliMac*

Typos remain largely unaffected...
--
Peter
From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-07-10 17:42:00 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter Ceresole) said:

> ...But a real surprise has been the Magic Mouse. I really expected to like
> this. I've used a mouse pad with gestures on Anne's MBP amd I love that.
> Nut I reckon that my old Logitech Wheel Mouse is better in every way
> that matters, meaning that scrolling is more positive, stays where you
> leave it, stuff like that.

My Logitech Wheel Mouse is the oldest piece of kit I've got that's in
regular use and has long since outlasted the system I originally bought
it for. From my cold, dead hands as the saying goes.

I tried a Magic Mouse at home for a night - borrowed one from a guy at
work. It was...ok. Better than the Mighty which I really didn't like,
but not better than the Logitech. I -still- wish Apple would do a
proper keyboard+trackpad affair, but until then I'm keeping my Logitech.

I like the chiclet keyboard, but we agree entirely about the mouse.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Martin-S on
In article <1jlfcfn.19r2sct19l2o8iN%peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk>,
peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter Ceresole) wrote:

> Okay, I can always revert to a mechanical mouse; I've definitely
> abandoned the Chiclet keyboard and wired in the TactilePro.

I find the bundling of battery-dependant peripherals a bad decision
overall, especially since Apple has been striving in other areas to make
their products 'greener'.

--
Martin
From: Jim on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The Magic Mouse isn't absolutely terrible, I can live with it, but 'I
> can live with it' isn't as good as I'd hoped.

They're a bit Marmite - you either love them or hate them.

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious