First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
iPhone and Exchange sync
Hi all, Is anyone here using there iPhone email with an Exchange server?? If so, can you tell me what is normal behaviour when your Active Directory password changes? I dont have an iPhone, but have been asked the question on a site where 2 people do. Their passwords change every 45 days, and I would assume ... 8 Jul 2010 08:03
File caching
In article <timstreater-D1D354.21272601072010(a)news.individual.net>, Tim Streater <timstreater(a)waitrose.com> wrote: Am I right in thinking that the OS keeps a cache of files that have been read recently? It's not specifically a cache of files, but of blocks. If part of a file is in use, that part may be ca... 2 Jul 2010 06:55
BBC video clips stopped working
About two weeks ago the in-page vids on my BBC news site <http://news.bbc.co.uk/> stopped functioning. It only seems to affect the BBC,- the Guardian and others work OK. It affects all my browsers, Firefox, Safari, iCab. Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video clips? Any suggestions? ... 2 Jul 2010 16:52
Trackpad scrolling
is there anyone good, reliable, way to get iPhone style 'momentum' scrolling on pre-multitouch MacBooks? -- Cheers, Steve The reply-to email address is a spam trap. Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk ... 2 Jul 2010 03:42
Borrowing an iPod
I want to borrow an iPod, and back it up so that it can be restored completely to the state it was in when I got it. Then I want to wipe it and start from scratch with it while I borrow it. Is that possible? And how can I make sure that I back it up properly without any disasters? Daniele ... 1 Jul 2010 18:59
Exposé stops working?
I'm starting to notice that my various Expos� functions (show Desktop especially) stop working for me from time to time. Neither the Better Touch Tool actions nor the keyboard shortcuts work. A log out/in again cures it for a while. Can't seem to pinpoint a cause. Anyone else seeing this? 10.6.4 Jim -- "M... 1 Jul 2010 16:43
PiP for iPad?
I've been using PiP for quite a while now <http://www.pleasantsoftware.com/pip/index.shtml> but what I'd really like is something like that that can send the camera's video stream to an iPhone/iPad (local network only would be fine). Anyone know of such a thing? I know Evocam can do it but it's a tad pricy ($30)... 12 Jul 2010 21:51
Denon HiFi
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:07:31 +0100, John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote: Can't find a group for this question. Is it OK to connect a microphone to one of the auxiliaries on a Denon RCD-M37. It's not mentioned in the instructions. It'll be OK, but unless your mic comes with an amp box, it's oretty unlikely to ... 1 Jul 2010 23:21
Bettertouchtool
At last, finally, my new iMac should be delivered by JL, next Wednesday. Woo-hoo! I've asked in the past about being able to assign a double click to one of the buttons; it would really make using it much better. I was pointed at BetterTouchTool. Is this still the dog's bollocks, mousewise? -- Peter ... 1 Jul 2010 12:14
Gyroscope and GPS?
Will iPhone 4 GPS software be able to make adequate use of the new gyroscope to make a reasonable estimate to your position when you can't get a GPS signal (like in a tunnel)? I'm guessing yes as far as turns go - so if you come out of a tunnel and, before it re-establishes a GPS fix you immediately turn left in... 3 Jul 2010 20:05