From: Pete Finn on
About two weeks ago the in-page vids on my BBC news site
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/> stopped functioning.
It only seems to affect the BBC,- the Guardian and others work OK.
It affects all my browsers, Firefox, Safari, iCab.
Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video
clips?
Any suggestions?

Peter
Mac G5 PPC 10.5.8

--
Avoid my SP|KE when replying
From: Peter Ceresole on
Pete Finn <petefinn(a)SP|KEntlworld.com> wrote:

> Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video
> clips?
> Any suggestions?

Not as far as I know. They have continued to work here, on Firefox 3.6
in OS 10.5.8 on a MBP, and on an iG5 running 10.4.11.
--
Peter
From: D.M. Procida on
Pete Finn <petefinn(a)SP|KEntlworld.com> wrote:

> About two weeks ago the in-page vids on my BBC news site
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/> stopped functioning.
> It only seems to affect the BBC,- the Guardian and others work OK.
> It affects all my browsers, Firefox, Safari, iCab.
> Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video
> clips?
> Any suggestions?

I don't think there is anything special about the BBC, but I'd guess
that something has gone wrong with your Flash installation. Why it
should only affect the BBC I have no idea.

The other possibility is that your ISP's caching servers are fouling up
BBC video content.

Do you get any error messages or additional information?

Daniele
From: Jim on
On 2010-07-02, Pete Finn <petefinn(a)SP|KEntlworld.com> wrote:
> About two weeks ago the in-page vids on my BBC news site
><http://news.bbc.co.uk/> stopped functioning.
> It only seems to affect the BBC,- the Guardian and others work OK.
> It affects all my browsers, Firefox, Safari, iCab.
> Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video
> clips?
> Any suggestions?

So far as I'm aware they're just Flash, so it may be worth downloading the
latest Flash and see if that cures it.

Ive just tried the video here:

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/front_page/newsid_10480000/
newsid_10483900/10483958.stm>

and it seemed to play fine - Safari 5, XP.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Bob Wardrope on
Pete Finn wrote:
> About two weeks ago the in-page vids on my BBC news site
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/> stopped functioning.
> It only seems to affect the BBC,- the Guardian and others work OK.
> It affects all my browsers, Firefox, Safari, iCab.
> Is there something special about the way the BBC encodes these video
> clips?
> Any suggestions?

Could the topic discussed here -

<https://nodpi.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ejnb44kuumgct7v4f1ia46cer3&topic=2892.0>