From: Steve Hodgson on
is there anyone good, reliable, way to get iPhone style 'momentum'
scrolling on pre-multitouch MacBooks?
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

From: D.M. Procida on
Steve Hodgson <hamrun(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> is there anyone good, reliable, way to get iPhone style 'momentum'
> scrolling on pre-multitouch MacBooks?

There is a control panel that provides this: Smart Scroll. You have to
pay for it though, and I'm not sure it's worth $19 to have have funky
scrolling.

I liked it when I used the trial a year ago or so.

Daniele
From: D.M. Procida on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> There is a control panel that provides this: Smart Scroll. You have to
> pay for it though, and I'm not sure it's worth $19 to have have funky
> scrolling.

<http://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html> - sorry.

Daniele
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 23:22:03 +0100,
real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

>D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> There is a control panel that provides this: Smart Scroll. You have to
>> pay for it though, and I'm not sure it's worth $19 to have have funky
>> scrolling.
>
><http://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html> - sorry.
>
>Daniele

Oh! "lets you reverse scrolling on the Mac to match your iPhone".
BetterTouchTool offers that as well, and I always wondered why anyone
would want it. It makes sense for people who work more off muscle
memory than the visual feedback of pushing iPhone screens around, I
suppose.

One very minor mystery cleared up.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
'Rings! Rings! Wherever they may be
I am the Lord of the Rings,' said he
From: D.M. Procida on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> Oh! "lets you reverse scrolling on the Mac to match your iPhone".
> BetterTouchTool offers that as well, and I always wondered why anyone
> would want it. It makes sense for people who work more off muscle
> memory than the visual feedback of pushing iPhone screens around, I
> suppose.

On a trackpad, it makes a lot of sense. It makes you feel like you're
pushing the stuff around on-screen.

Daniele
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2