From: Gavsta on
Hi all,

Is anyone here using there iPhone email with an Exchange server??

If so, can you tell me what is normal behaviour when your Active
Directory password changes? I dont have an iPhone, but have been asked
the question on a site where 2 people do.

Their passwords change every 45 days, and I would assume that if it
does the iPhone simply asks for a right password as soon as it gets an
auth failure???

If not, do you just have to reset via the email settings?

Gavin.
From: zoara on
Gavsta <gavin.wilby(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone here using there iPhone email with an Exchange server??

Yup. Coincidentally I was demoing this just a few minutes ago.

> If so, can you tell me what is normal behaviour when your Active
> Directory password changes?

It just asks you for a new password. I'm not sure exactly what triggers
it (probably when it does a background check), but you certainly don't
need to have an app running to get the prompt. It looks like an iTunes
Store password prompt.

This works whether you're just syncing email, just calendars, or both.
No experience with contacts, though.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm
From: onamonapia on
On 7/2/2010 4:44 AM, Gavsta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone here using there iPhone email with an Exchange server??
>
> If so, can you tell me what is normal behaviour when your Active
> Directory password changes? I dont have an iPhone, but have been asked
> the question on a site where 2 people do.
>
> Their passwords change every 45 days, and I would assume that if it
> does the iPhone simply asks for a right password as soon as it gets an
> auth failure???

You are correct.

From: Gavsta on
Thanks to both - I have just replicated it on my Touch on a WIFI
connection for screenshot purposes.

Cheers!

onamonapia wrote:
> On 7/2/2010 4:44 AM, Gavsta wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is anyone here using there iPhone email with an Exchange server??
> >
> > If so, can you tell me what is normal behaviour when your Active
> > Directory password changes? I dont have an iPhone, but have been asked
> > the question on a site where 2 people do.
> >
> > Their passwords change every 45 days, and I would assume that if it
> > does the iPhone simply asks for a right password as soon as it gets an
> > auth failure???
>
> You are correct.
>

> > If not, do you just have to reset via the email settings?
> >
> > Gavin.

Pages: 1
Prev: File caching
Next: Snow Leopard Graphics Glitches